Thursday, August 5, 2010

Furniture, Spray Paint and Heat! OH MY!

I made a run to our local clutter shop yesterday. The plan was to find something for a corner, something for a sign... and perhaps a few more plates and candle sticks for displays.... SCORE! On all accounts!!!!

Things are really starting to come together. After a good couple hours of cleaning today I finally started putting things together. I found a terrific corner piece.... Full of 80's glory! Brass and all! A couple coats of paint and its shiny and new. I will need to find something to put against it to prevent things from falling off the back. I'm thinking fabric, but haven't decided yet.... I'll post some pictures in the next day or so, and welcome suggestions.

I have a couple old window panes. One still has the glass in-- that will be the sign... once I decide on a design and placement... The other pane will be another display rack. I'm not entirely sure how I will get things to stay up in my booth..... but its a start....

The find of the day however was an old wrought iron gate..... It's about 3 feet long and kind of a green color. Its FABULOUS!!!! At some point I'll post pictures of it too, but I'm so in love with it I think I might save it for a surprise....

The post man has started to make my house look like Christmas too. A table, some crates, some packing items.... they've all started pouring in!

The ideas in my head are really starting to solidify- pieces are fitting in... It's all quite exciting.... it's also more work than I originally thought.....

I can't wait until September- when we're up and running! I think it's going to all work out great!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment